Hoa Phong Tower  
Tháp Hòa Phong  
 Known as:        
 Description:   The Hoa Phong tower is located on Dinh Tien Hoang Street, Hoan Kiem district in front of the Central Post Office, on the shore of Hoan Kiem Lake.
Bao An Pagoda was on the floor of the old Five Dragons (Trinh Giang built in 1740). The pagoda was also called Lien Tri pagoda, surrounded by water moat and lotuses fully covering the moat surface.
The Hoa Phong tower is the last vestige of Bao An pagoda under Hanoi General Nguyen Dang Giai who took responsibility to raise money to build the pagoda in 1842.
The bulky Bao An pagodatook four years to complete construction. After the French colonialists occupied Hanoi (1883), they immediately built streets, Dinh Tien Hoang Street is one of the first  to be opened.
In 1882, Bao An pagoda was pulled down to build the Post Office and governor of Tonkin’s residence at the back. This is now the Government Guest House.
But they still left a temple door in front of the Post Office and a tower after the pagoda named Hoa Phong tower.
In 1898, they demolished the temple gate and the only the tower remaining.
 Province   Hanoi  Direction:      
 District   Hoàn Kiếm    
 City   Hàng Trống  Comments:    Official Web:    
 Genre   Historic      Related links:   https://vietnamnet.v  
 Best exposure   AM/PM            
 Opening time   N/A          
 Entry fee   N/A     GPS :   21.02628, 105.85322  
Click here to go back to the previous page
Hoa Phong Tower  xx

Site optimized for IE10 and Screen resolution above 1280X1024
Droits de reproduction et diffusion reserves
Copyright © 2015 P-Lepetit.com / Asiaphotos.org
Contact: PatrickLEPETIT@hotmail.com